1. Focus on the professional educating students to enhance their competitiveness in the practical needs.
2. Establish diverse programs to cultivate special education professionals to meet the ongoing needs of the field and of society.
3. Continue encouraging academic research to improve the academic performance of faculty and students.
4. Strengthen the alumni connection and to enlarge resources for the Department.
5. Actively promote international participation and academic exchanges to broaden the Department’s academic influence.